Welcome

I'm not blogging here any longer, and I'm afraid I probably won't pick up on any new comments either. I'm now blogging at The Evangelical Liberal but I'm leaving these old posts up as an archive.

Tuesday 4 January 2011

New year, new blog

Happy New Year to everyone. Isn't it rubbish being back at work?

Never mind, in honour of the new year I've finally got round to setting up a new blog, The Evangelical Liberal. Don't worry, I'm not going all dodgy - well, no dodgier than I've already been for a long time. The title is simply about reclaiming Christ's good news ('evangel') from the religious right, and his freedom ('liber') from the opposite extreme.

It's mainly a blog for anyone who still sees themselves as a broadly evangelical Christian, but finds mainstream, conservative evangelicalism too straitjacketing, black-and-white and overly concerned with correct doctrine at the expense of a genuinely transformed and authentic life. It's about a search for reality, warts and all, rather than an ideal systematised theology that bears little relation to real life.

2 comments:

  1. So what's happening with this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, which I've only just come across (for some reason comments on this blog don't get emailed to me). I'd like to keep it running but for the time being I'm channelling my small amounts of creative time and effort into the new one. So fickle.

    ReplyDelete