Welcome

I'm not blogging here any longer, and I'm afraid I probably won't pick up on any new comments either. I'm now blogging at The Evangelical Liberal but I'm leaving these old posts up as an archive.

Friday 15 January 2010

Unfinished books list

I'm a great starter of books but I've only recently faced up to what a terrible finisher I am. Here's a list of all the books I've started in the last few years and which are crying out piteously to me to finish them. It's not a reflection on the quality of the books - just on my staying power as a reader.
  • A Suitable Boy, Vikram Seth (fantastic but just too damn long!!)
  • A Hundred and One Days: A Baghdad Journal by Asne Seierstad
  • The Snow Geese, William Fiennes 
  • Fugitive Pieces, Anne Michaels 
  • Till We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis (the only Lewis book I've not managed to finish) 
  • All Hallow's Eve, Charles Williams 
  • A Voyage to Arcturus, David Lindsay
  • The Day of the Triffids, John Wyndham (our copy was missing its last pages - aarrgh!)
  • Head Over Heels in the Dales, Gervaise Phinn
  • The Flight of the Sparrow, Fay Sampson
  • Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen (after watching a TV adaptation, so already knew the ending)
  • Mansfield Park, Jane Austen (ditto)
  • The Road Less Travelled, M. Scott Peck
  • Lesslie Newbigin, Missionary Theologian: A Reader, Paul Weston
  • Love Beyond Reason, John Ortberg
  • Life of the Beloved, Henri Nouwen
  • Reaching Out: The Three Movements of the Spiritual Life, Henri Nouwen
  • Prayer, Philip Yancey
  • Renovation of the Heart, Dallas Willard
  • God of Surprises, Gerard Hughes
  • The Christian and the Pharisee, R.T. Kendall and David Rosen
And that's nothing to the pile of books I've borrowed, bought or been given but haven't even started reading yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment